logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Mon Jun 1 12:55:41 BST 2020

Hi Gerd,
thanks for the binary.
I did a lot of testing. I do not get any difference. As soon as I have a
transparent layer, like housenumbers or bundaries the POI search is slow.
not matter if I have "route" and "index" in the options or not.
I also tried with and without "--x-center-poi-type=0x3200".

I also can not find a POI named "center of map" do I have to add an
additional option?
a sample layer built with the patched mkgmap: dach_boundary_gmapsupp.img
<http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/475/dach_boundary_gmapsupp.img>

Ciao,
Franco

Gerd Petermann wrote