logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jun 1 08:33:57 BST 2020

I also thought that the missing index of the overlay map might cause the problem. I added an (empty) index to that map but that didn't help.
Maybe it helps to add a single (invisible) named POI to each tile. If that helps it would prove that the bug is in the Oregon firmware.
I don't think that contour lines are the problem. The TK-Europe-Bicycling map doesn't contain contourlines, only cycle routes as non-routable lines.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Joris Bo <jorisbo at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 1. Juni 2020 09:19
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

Cool! Franco

My godfeeling was telling me that this contourline overlay does do something. Did not yet find time to investigate it more properly.
I also always have an Europe transparent contourline overlay map on my SSD (in case of...)
Probably the lines and numbers are searched without being indexed or because it are numbers, they fill up the first whatever 2.000.000 entries in the index as being sorted on top...

Joris