logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Mon Jun 1 08:08:19 BST 2020

Joris Bo wrote
> Same for me. Even indexes of maps not 'enabed' are searched and if
> covering the same area even displays duplicate results.
> Where I first copied big maps to my Oregon just because there was space
> enough on the 32GB SSD, now I build smaller maps and rename them if not
> used that (holi)day(s)
>
>  Kind Regards
> Joris

Hi Joris,
I remember having had POIs in the search list that came from disabled maps.
That's why I renamed the pre-installed GARMIN maps instead of just
diasbaling them.

I made a few tests just now.
If I enable all my routable maps for all of Europe (some 7 GiB total) the
POI search still is incredibly fast, roundabout 1 second.
But if I have one of my non-routable, transparent overlay maps (contourlines
for instance) on the SD Card the search speed is going down significantly.

I will try if this is triggerd by the "route" option and let you know.

Ciao,
  Franco