logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] is_in() function for point on line

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat May 30 16:50:35 BST 2020

Hi Joris,

is_in() only works with polygons. You can use --add-pois-to-lines, but be aware that it produces a lot of points for which you probablly don't want to add an object to the map. See the help for the details.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Joris Bo <jorisbo at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 30. Mai 2020 17:40
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] is_in() function for point on line

Hi

Does the is_in() function should also work for a point on a line in stead of in a polygon?

highway = turning_circle & is_in(highway, track, in_or_on) = true      [0x641a resolution 24]

It returns false for this situation where the turningcircle is attached to a highway = track.
(mkgmap:cache_is_in_POINT_highway_track_in_or_on=false)

Would there be another way to know if the point is attached to a highway = track rather then a for example highway = residential?
I use add-pois-to-lines, and link-pois-to-ways but as far as I can see, that doesn’t give me more information.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/49.65888/5.45845
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D636A9.5643B8A0]

Kind regards
Joris