logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nearby-POI: named / unnamed

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 24 08:21:38 BST 2020

Hi all,

seems all are happy with the current implementation? I've merged the recent changes in trunk and slighty changed the docu (1)
I hope the docu matches the actual implementation now. If I hear no complains I want to merge the branch to trunk tomorrow.

ciao,
Gerd

(1) http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=4501

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Mai 2020 10:47
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] nearby-POI: named / unnamed

Hi all,

the current implementation detects only groups of POI with the same type AND name.
The groups are calculated after all POI were created.
A null in name is handled like an empty string.
Order of occurence in the input might matter, but I can change the code so that e.g. the lowest positive id is preferred.

So, the docu doesn't match the implementation and I wonder what needs to be changed.
If we want to handle a group of guesthouses where each has a different name, e.g. house1, house2, and house3 we need a different implementation or an additional one. Problem: How would mkgmap decide what name should be used?