logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Issue with Garmin Edge 830

From Stephan Warzecha stephan.warzecha at dpd.de on Mon May 18 13:59:59 BST 2020

Hello,

I am sorry but I have a question better called problem.

my new Garmin Edge 830 ist crashing down, sometimes during navigation. I askes this question here because garmin told me that the map must be the problem.
I am working with mkgmap since many years and I built "my own" map form my devices. At my old Garmin Vista Hcx the maps working without problem, also on MapSource and Basecamp.

I checked the line file more than hunderet times again and again. Yesterday I produced the map only with "route" option and default style which is comming with mkgmap. The map that was built has the same problem. I used differnt typ-files to crosscheck if the problem comes from typ-file but no success. I also tried older versions of mkgmap, the same no success.

I will try to explain what the problem is:

Mostly ways, taged with highway=track and tracktype=grade4, are affected.

They are part oft he map, and there is no problem while routing on MapSource, BaseCamp, Vista usw., but if I create the same route on the garmin edge 830, the route is built without any problems, but the violet line (route) has interruptions. Whenever I had such a part oft he way in a route the device is crashing down while driving the route.

This ist the rule wich is used to create the line for tracktype=grade 4
highway=track & tracktype=grade4 {setaccess 'yes'; set mkgmap:unpaved=yes} [0x11 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]

I also tried it with different way types (0x01 - 0x12, 0x0e 0x0f etc) also I tried differnt spped and road classes.

Next step was to try with all Tracks as the same line, like this...
highway=track & tracktype=* {setaccess 'yes'; set mkgmap:unpaved=yes} [0x11 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23

Routing on all ways was possible, but the garmin routing line is broken at the ways, which was tracktype 4 before.
Now I have no idea what is happening, the device can´t know that the line was a tracktype4, all tracks hast he same name and options.

I will add some pictures to explan what im trying to explain, with my terrible english ;0))
An example route with MapSource:

[cid:image005.png at 01D62D1F.128DFE60]

The same on Garmin Device Edge 830:
[cid:image004.png at 01D62D1F.D9B56C30]

Same Route with my layout in Mapsource:

[cid:image008.png at 01D62D22.39C3CE80]

And at the Edge 830:

[cid:image007.png at 01D62D20.3DFCCF30]

Now the funny things:

*Garmin Map is working,

*If I delete a affeccted way in Openstreetmap and map it new, also only with 2 Tags like this:

[cid:image009.png at 01D62D21.72342900]

...the mistake is gone. I din´t "correct" the shown example yet. But I got this Problem all over whole germany, there must be an error.

Maybe this is a personal  probelm or mistake, but maybe that others has  the same problems. If there is any information what Iam doing wrong or something else, please let me kown. There are so many hours Iam searching for a solution.

The maps are built with extract from geofabrik, germany file splittet with splitter. I used the newest stable versions.

Also the is more information you need, please lt me know.

Viele Grüße / Best Regards

Stephan Warzecha
Logistic and Workplace Services | Logistic Support| Problem Manager Logistic Support

T +49 (0) 6026 9762-6120 | F +49 (0) 6026 9762-6504 | stephan.warzecha at dpd.de<mailto:stephan.warzecha at dpd.de>

DPD Deutschland GmbH
Stockstädter Straße 10, 63762 Großostheim, Deutschland | dpd.de<http://www.dpd.de/>
Besuchen Sie uns auf Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/dpdindeutschland>, Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/dpd.de/> und Twitter<http://twitter.com/dpd_de>.

[cid:image002.gif at 01D14D54.6725B0D0]

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Aschaffenburg | Registergericht: Aschaffenburg HRB 8887

Geschäftsführung: Eric Malitzke (CEO),

Dirk Müller, Thomas Ohnhaus, Andreas Reß

[signature_304297842]