logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Explanation of the is_in function

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Mon May 18 10:57:37 BST 2020

Hi Ticker,

Thank you very much for your interest.

Because I test pedestrian IS_IN another pedestrian I do not want to accidentally test the way against itself

So I first must be sure I test a way against a square and nothing else. So i set the jbmsquare if it is an area

highway = pedestrian & (mkgmap:mp_created = true | is_closed() = true) {set jbmsquare = true}

highway = pedestrian & jbmsquare != true & is_in(highway,pedestrian, any) = true    [0x10d0c resolution 24 continue]

I use continue because if the processed element would have been a square in stead of a street it should get a polygon fill color in the polygons file later on as well.

I’m very pleased with the results sofar.

Actually none of the red marked lines is completely within the area, they all go out somewhere. The green ‘dreifaltigkeitsplatz’ is even 95% outside the square but still be considered inside (which is correct from mkgmap point of view and the method ‘any’ )

So ‘only’ the blue marked viktualienmarkt-way is not considered inside where I think it is, just as the others.

Kind regards, Joris

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D62D0B.81F92F90]