logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nearby-POI: named / unnamed

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 8 06:30:34 BST 2020

Hi all,

in (1) Ticker suggested "I'd like to see a method that deletes all unnamed POI within {distance}
of a named one.
I guess this is also close to the meaning of "declutter" (I don't know how that works in Garmin devices, my Oregon doesn't have such an option)

I don't fully understand the idea. I assume it is about overlapping icons?
@Ticker: Should this be done for a given list of POI types or for all named POI? The default style often adds names to POI, e.g. for a barrier=bollard.
Is this the name of the POI? An alternative would be to use the name=* tag of the corresponding node. Or we could introduce a new tag mkgmap:treat-as-unnamed=true which could be used in the style to mark generated names.
Should it be done before or after the existing rules were applied? Remember that we have the "delete-name" action.

Gerd

(1) http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/nearby-POIs-tp5964757p5964995.html