logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Open question reg. new nearby-poi options

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 7 13:37:45 BST 2020

Hi Eric,

I don't understand. Both bollards in your example are ignored because the ways have the same restrictions as the bollards.
Besides that the example is poor as the roads north of the bollard also don't allow car traffic.
I've used default style and options --route --link-pois-to-ways .
Anyway, your style may treat barrier=bollard different, so to make sure I removed the tag motor_vehicle=no from way 790197214 and tried again.
Now I found the expected restrictions in the NOD data.
Next I tried with --nearby-poi-rules=0x3200:20 and found no changes in NOD data. The barrier POI is removed, but not the corresponding routing restriction.
So, unless your Garmin navi interprets the POI itself as a routing restriction there really should be no effect on routing.

Reg. all your other problems: Please declutter your post first and decide which problems have to be solved by Garmin.
For each remaining problem, create one post , attach an example file with the problem and describe the problem and what's wrong with the results of r4491 (or later)  with something like I expected to find  ... but got ...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von AnkEric <ankeric.osm at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2020 13:36
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Open question reg. new nearby-poi options

Eric: "No I cannot..., not within one hour..."
Anke: "yes, you can..."

Attached: "residential_bollard_bollard_service_motorcar_no.osm"

South to north:
[highway=residential] > parking_garage > bollard > (cross cycleway) >
bollard > [highway=service]

If one of the bollards is removed by nearby-poi (11.63 meter distance) then
access restriction is also removed. No access restriction on highways
(residential/service).
Nice example, Anke, because of the two POI barriers "near by".

Also, see: Mapillary.

What I don't know (but you do): does poi style file processing effects line
style file processing? Which is processed first?
But IMO: a POI (and a POI only) might set access for a highway, even if
highway is having default access.
And mkgmap will respect to POI-barrier-access (new option, since several
years).

In text this example was also somewhere hidden in my first reply.
My first reply does not reply to any subject. Should I have created a new
topic: "nearby-poi discussion"?

Eric (AnkEric)

residential_bollard_bollard_service_motorcar_no.osm
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/residential_bollard_bollard_service_motorcar_no.osm>