logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Open question reg. new nearby-poi options

From AnkEric ankeric.osm at gmail.com on Thu May 7 12:36:01 BST 2020

Eric: "No I cannot..., not within one hour..."
Anke: "yes, you can..."

Attached: "residential_bollard_bollard_service_motorcar_no.osm"

South to north:
[highway=residential] > parking_garage > bollard > (cross cycleway) >
bollard > [highway=service]

If one of the bollards is removed by nearby-poi (11.63 meter distance) then
access restriction is also removed. No access restriction on highways
(residential/service).
Nice example, Anke, because of the two POI barriers "near by".

Also, see: Mapillary.

What I don't know (but you do): does poi style file processing effects line
style file processing? Which is processed first?
But IMO: a POI (and a POI only) might set access for a highway, even if
highway is having default access.
And mkgmap will respect to POI-barrier-access (new option, since several
years).

In text this example was also somewhere hidden in my first reply.
My first reply does not reply to any subject. Should I have created a new
topic: "nearby-poi discussion"?

Eric (AnkEric)

residential_bollard_bollard_service_motorcar_no.osm
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/residential_bollard_bollard_service_motorcar_no.osm>