logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nearby POIs

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 6 09:34:57 BST 2020

Hi Ticker,

OK, I think it will take longer to discuss the details. I think it is better to revert the changes in trunk and start a branch.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2020 10:31
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] nearby POIs

Hi Gerd & Mike

I'd be concerned if this logic can move or delete [barrier=...] and
[highway=...] points that share nodes with ways. There are two aspects:
First, if --link-pois-to-ways then any access/speed restrictions should
still take place. Second is the presentation regardless of the -
-link... option, it will just look wrong and confusing and I agree with
Gerd's warning about having a wildcard rule.

Concerning the handling of named/unnamed and delete/merge:
I'd like to see a method that deletes all unnamed POI within {distance}
of a named one.

Also, I'd suggest interpreting the rules strictly in the defined order,
although I realise this doesn't quite make sense because named/unnamed
points might match different rules. I haven't explained this very well.

Ticker