logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nearby POIs

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 6 06:04:22 BST 2020

Hi all,

thanks for testing. I've just noticed that the jar file contained a modified points file, but I guess you all used your own style files.
I thought about the possible effects on routing and found none.

The new algo works like this:
1) Collect all generated POI and the corresponding nodes before adding them to the map
2) after all style rules were processed and WrongAngleFixer has moved points (and POI) to fix visible wrong angles the POI are deduplicated.
This means they are
 - grouped by type and name
 - each group is processed so that
   + the first matching rule is applied using the given radius: Iterate as long as there are multiple POI
     * for each POI, build a group of all nearby POI
     * select the biggest group
     * calculate the center of that group
     * select the POI that is closest to the center
     * apply the action to the other POI of the group, maybe move the selected POI to the middle
     * remove all POI handled in this group

Known problems:
- The new implementation will not work well for the /all case because a group with different names is not detected as such
 - maybe identical POI are not removed with the delete-name case
- Maybe there is an unwanted effect on rendering when WrongAngleFixer moves a point and the corresponding POI is not moved. This already happens sometimes and should be no big problem.

If I find no solution for the first 2 problems today I'll revert trunk version and create a branch for further development.