logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Extending metadata mkgmap default logging output

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Apr 24 20:02:11 BST 2020

Hi Joris,

I don't remember why the version is not always printed. I see no problem to do that.
OTOH: What's the problem with the additional execution of java -jar mkgmap.jar --version?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Joris Bo <jorisbo at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. April 2020 09:12
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Extending metadata mkgmap default logging output

Hello,

Is there a way to get the mkgmap version number in the logfile?

I know it is possible to use the –version option but this means an extra execution of mkgmap.

There is already a default output like this:

Time started: Thu Apr 23 07:56:43 CEST 2020

Found one style in ..\..\Dropbox\Garmin\Build\Style – Jbm

finished check-styles

Number of MapFailedExceptions: 0

Number of ExitExceptions: 0

Time finished: Thu Apr 23 07:57:17 CEST 2020

Total time taken: 33 seconds

Could the mkgmap version number be part of this metadata?

Kind regards,

Joris