logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nearby POIs

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Apr 22 09:45:04 BST 2020

Hi Eric

I disagree that coincident POI are useless, eg if
  [tourism=hotel, amenity=restaurant] were to generate:
  POI 0x2b01 (Lodgings>Hotel/Motel) and
  POI 0x2a00 (Food&Drink>All)
then searching for either gives the correct answer - just what I would
want. I implement this in my style.

Concerning your other examples; something similar could be done for
Cafe/Bakery as this is quite common and useful, but I found there were
far to many minor amenity= to bother with, so ignoring all but the
major ones, you just get the POI for viewpoint

Ticker