logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] License File <mapid>000_license.txt

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Thu Apr 16 23:21:52 BST 2020

Answering my own question - I have realised that this is created by the
--nsis option, which I had mistakenly got in my config file, and is used by
the NSIS installer rather than the maps themselves. However, it seems
illogical to me that this should not use the contents of --license-file.

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Baggaley [mailto:mike at tvage.co.uk]
Sent: 16 April 2020 19:34
To: 'Development list for mkgmap' <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: License File <mapid>000_license.txt

Hi all, I notice that mkgmap creates a file named <mapid>000_license.txt
that contains the following text:

Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and its contributors
http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright

This map data is made available under the Open Database License:
http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/.
Any rights in individual contents of the database are licensed under the
Database Contents License: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/dbcl/1.0/
Map created with mkgmap-r4473M

This does not seem to be displayable in either Basecamp or Mapsource and
does not contain the txt from my --license-file option. Can anyone explain
what this file is for and whether there is a registry setting to get
Basecamp/Mapsource to display it? Also whether there is a reason it does not
contain the text from the --license-file option?

Cheers,
Mike