logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] License File <mapid>000_license.txt

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Thu Apr 16 19:33:39 BST 2020

Hi all, I notice that mkgmap creates a file named <mapid>000_license.txt
that contains the following text:

Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and its contributors
http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright

This map data is made available under the Open Database License:
http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/.
Any rights in individual contents of the database are licensed under the
Database Contents License: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/dbcl/1.0/
Map created with mkgmap-r4473M

This does not seem to be displayable in either Basecamp or Mapsource and
does not contain the txt from my --license-file option. Can anyone explain
what this file is for and whether there is a registry setting to get
Basecamp/Mapsource to display it? Also whether there is a reason it does not
contain the text from the --license-file option?

Cheers,
Mike