logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI barrier/access restriction

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Apr 15 09:07:57 BST 2020

Hi Gerd

I agree that OSM mappers don't always put the correct access rights on
barriers, but often they do, and if wrong it can be corrected. I'm not
sure what you mean by "hard to say what defaults should be used"?

I consider that this patch corrects flaws as I listed in the interpreta
tion of OSM data relating to barriers and handles some more common
barrier types.

A couple of the fixes relate to transport modes I don't use (goods/psv)
but the error and fix is textually obvious.

Others relate to combinations like [barrier=gate, vehicle=no], because
vehicle is not expanded to bicycle, motorcar, etc.

A common problems I had was failure to route by car through a gate.

Another problem is [barrier={"bollard" etc}, access={anything but "no"
or "private"], that would fail to impose a restriction on car, or,
indeed, any motor_vehicle

Ticker