logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "Small" SRTM1 files and DEM maps

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Mon Apr 13 13:08:35 BST 2020

Hi Gerd
They are downloaded by phyghtmap. This is what I found digging into
phyghtmap files:
|def getSRTMFileServer(self, resolution, srtmVersion):||
||        if srtmVersion == 2.1:||
||            return
"https://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/SRTM{0:d}".format(resolution)||
||        elif srtmVersion == 3.0:||
||            if resolution == 1:||
||                urlRe =
"https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/download/8360/SRTM1{:s}V3/GEOTIFF/EE"||
||            elif resolution == 3:||
||                urlRe =
"https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/download/4960/SRTM3{:s}V2/GEOTIFF3/EE"||
||            return urlRe|
They should come from the second URL above.