logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to make a scale-dependent TYP style?

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Tue Apr 7 16:03:43 BST 2020

Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk> writes:

> For both, apart from the above, I much prefer their default rendering
> rather than, say, {distribution}/examples/typ-files/mapnik.txt which
> also slows down the devices to an almost unusable speed.

Is your preferred approach part of mkgmap now?  I didn't find it
alongside the mapnik typ, and I think it would be useful to share, as an
example, or for use.  I have been using mkgmap for a very long time and
concur that less is better.  I did use to use cferrero's typfile and
style, which was mostly about adding stoplights and some other things
not usually shown.   I'd like to see towers/masts as well, survey
markers, and various other things that I'm not sure render without typ.

(I admit to being a little distant from what's going on as I mainly use
OsmAnd, but I carry my etrex 30 as well, so I have two functioning
devices in the woods.)

Thanks,
Greg