logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to make a scale-dependent TYP style?

From Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org on Sat Apr 4 14:12:13 BST 2020

Hi to all,

I'm trying to create a map for an old eTrex 10 Garmin device.
Everything works fine, but I don't understand how to make a
custom TYP file that will render roads differently at different
scales.

This is my mkgmap invokation:

mkgmap \
    --reduce-point-density=4 --unicode \
    --description="$DESCRIPTION" \
    --style-file='./styles/default/' \
    --country-name='Italy' --country-abbr='I' \
    --region-name='Toscana' \
    --family-id=9999 \
    --gmapsupp 63240*.osm.pbf \
    ./typ/my_etrex10.txt

as you can see I have customized the default style and I have
provided a custom TYP file to override only _line Type=0x006 and
Type=0x016 rendering. My style defines four levels:

levels = 0:24, 1:20, 2:19, 3:18

The problem is that my custom TYPs are applied the same at any
level (scale), whereas the default TYP are scale-dependant (e.g.
secondary roads are rendered gradually thicker when zooming in).

This is my TYP file, indeed there are no scale-dependant rules!
Am I missing something in the TYP syntax?

[_line]
Type=0x006
;GRMN_TYPE:
UseOrientation=Y
LineWidth=2
BorderWidth=0
Xpm="0 0 2 0"
"1 c #BD9541"
"2 c #000000"
String1=0x04,Way
ExtendedLabels=N
[end]

[_line]
Type=0x016
;GRMN_TYPE: Roads/TRAIL/Walkway or trail/Non NT, NT
UseOrientation=Y
Xpm="32 1 2  1"
"! c #808080"
"  c none"