logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tagging restaurants and categories

From AnkEric eric_internet at casema.nl on Fri Mar 20 11:18:52 GMT 2020

I had a similar issue with [amenity=cafe] or [amenity=pub] also serving "bar
meals".
In the Netherlands, name is often something like: "Eetcafé Xxxx". ("Eet" to
be translated as "Eat").

Also some Mappers prefer to Tag a "pub" as "cafe" which is Rendered as a
"cup of coffee".
IMO:
"cafe" means: coffee, tea, pastry shop, lunchroom. And 90% no: beer of wine
(alcohol).
"pub" means: Public place serving alcohol.

I did Resolve - as Renderer - for 90% by:

(amenity=cafe | amenity=pub) & name ~ '.*([Ee]etcaf[eé]).*'         { set
amenity=restaurant }
(amenity=cafe)                       & name ~ '.*([Cc]af[eé]).*'
{ set amenity=pub }

(amenity=pub)  & (cuisine=*  & cuisine!=coffee_shop | food=yes)   { set
amenity=restaurant }
(amenity=cafe) & (cuisine=*  & cuisine!=coffee_shop)                    {
set amenity=restaurant }

FWIW:
IMO "fast_food" is not only related to "time needed for preparation" (even
in a star restaurant some courses are prepared in a couple of minutes).
When waiting for boarding a ferry, fast_food is the only option. I need to
have "dinner" is a short time, therefore: fast_food.