logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resolutions...

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Mar 11 06:56:11 GMT 2020

Hi Nick,

The behaviour changed in the past, but I think if the style produces an object for a max resolution X and no level covers exactly this resolution the max resolution is decremented to the next lower value covered by a level. If there is no such level the object is not added to the map.

natural=coastline [0x15 resolution 12]
is equal to
natural=coastline [0x15 resolution 12-24]

Not sure what you mean with
"I remember in the past it was said the levels are better than resolutions"
Do you suggest to change the default style to use level instead of resolution?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Pinns UK <osm at pinns.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. März 2020 18:30
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Resolutions...

Hi Gerd

Just to be a nuisance:

If there is no level beyond level 3 in the default style, ie 4,12

then all resolutions <18  contained in the default style (and there are
quite a few!)  only get plotted at level 3?

ie the lowest lines are a boundary  and    a coastline , both at res 12

Do they only get plotted at level 3 , ie resolution 3

I remember in the past it was said the levels are better than resolutions

Nick