logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resolutions...

From jan meisters jan_m23 at gmx.net on Tue Mar 10 13:31:24 GMT 2020

Hi Nick,

pois from 0x2900 to 0x311f are only visible on resolution „24+".
Means you have to „overzoom“ deeper into resolution 24 to see them.

This behaviour is not related to mkgmap, it seems to be a limitiation by Garmin to avoid cluttering of maps with these pois, as they contain most indexed items like shops, restaurants, etc. Only exception are airports on 0x2f04.

To have these pois appearing earlier I haven´t found another solution yet than to "double“ wanted pois.
In your example:
church=* [0x3202 resolution 23 continue]
church=* [0x2c02 resolution 24]

Disadvantage: Basecamp (4.6.3/Mac) not only shows the pois on wanted resolution, but also lists these doubles in search („All Pois“ only)
On device (at least my Oregon450) the range 0x3200-0x330f doesn´t appear in searches, but is visible as expected.

Jan