logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resolutions...

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Tue Mar 10 12:39:38 GMT 2020

Hi

Can anyone tell me what exactly the '-' in after resolutions means.

I plotted a church resolution 21-23  only to find it does not include
resolution 23.

Somewhere I read that only the resolutions between the numbers are plotted.

If that is the case what does 23-24 mean ? What resolution is there between
23 and 24

What happens with resolution 23-23 ?

Does 23-24 mean only level 23
Is 24-23 different from 23-24?

The manual does not seem to tackle this issue.

btw

Have noticed that Basecamp/Mapsource only plots 0x2c poi range at level 24

So the following might never occur in some GPS devices is except at
resolution 24

0x2c02 [resolution 21 ]

This seems to affect :

viewpoints,churches,castles, schools,amusement parks etc

Regards

Nick