logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Connected ways rendered as Unconnected ways due to Garmin low resolution

From AnkEric eric_internet at casema.nl on Wed Feb 19 20:15:39 GMT 2020

Today I found another example of Unconnected ways.

But to simplify the issue:
 - On my BIKE (bicycle) MAP the ways are Unconnected.
 - On my HIKE (foot) MAP the ways are Connected.
Same OSM Data, same date (February 19, 2020), same mkgmap-r4452.

I think, believe, I do see:
Unclassified (south to north) is identical for both maps.
But the secondary (west to east, gray) is relocated (bend) to connect to the
unclassified in Hike Map.
All crossing ways are connected correctly. No recent updates, since I wanted
this example to be left unchanged.

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/Bike_Unconnected_Hike_Connected.png>

The scripts bicycle vs. foot are almost identical, same script except for
some:

If - Then - Else Statements selecting either "access_bike" or "access_foot"
as include.

if (map_type=1) then
   (highway=cycleway) & (sidewalk ~ '(both|left|right|yes)')  {set
highway=footway}
   (highway=cycleway) & (segregated=yes)                          {set
highway=footway}
end

And on Hike Map I do render street-names, on Bike I don't.

If (... IF...!) you want to look into this - again - I could run both
scripts in debug mode:

highway=* & osmid()=6016xxxx       { echotags "BEGIN" }
highway=* & osmid()=6016xxxx       { echotags "END" }

Attached OSM:  Bike_Unconnected_Hike_Connected.osm
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/Bike_Unconnected_Hike_Connected.osm>

BTW, FWIW: OpenFietsMap (15-02-2020) is oké. I have seen this before:
sometimes Me and OFM share the same issue, sometimes not.

/ Eric (AnkEric)