logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Dead end check

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Mon Feb 17 19:17:21 GMT 2020

Hi all,

I have set logging to enable warnings in StyledConverter, and have been
getting a few unexpected results from the dead end check. It seems that
using the default style and latest mkgmap release, if a way has
mkgmap:dead-end-check=no set in OSM, this information is not loaded, so when
the dead end check is run, ways with this tag are not omitted from the
check. I have worked around this by adding a dummy line to the lines file:

mkgmap:dead-end-check=no {set mkgmap:dead-end-check=no}

The tag data is then loaded.

It seems to me though that the code should include mkgmap:dead-end-check in
the list of standard tags to be loaded, without needing anything specific in
the style (or at least if dead end check is enabled). I would not expect OSM
to have many of these, so it should not make any significant difference to
the amount of memory needed by mkgmap or affect the execution time.

An example is way  108322149 which is one of the ways where cars get on the
train at Ashford.

I suspect the same thing will happen with mkgmap:flare-check,
mkgmap:dir-check and mkgmap:no-dir-check.

Regards,
Mike