logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Work on is_in branch

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Feb 17 18:11:50 GMT 2020

Hi Gerd

A simpler way of expressing it in the Style Manual would be:

 +any_in_or_on+ - if is_in(...,any_in_or_on)=false, part is outside,
none is inside.

What do you think? An alternative would be to re-phrase the keyword as
something like 'some-out-none-in', testing for =true instead. But, with
the function being called 'is_in', I wanted to have the methods
expressing IN'ness as far as possible.

Rec. early-stop. It has ~4% improvement for 'any' in my scenario, ~2.5%
for 'on' and ~1% for all.
It just seems easy and sensible to stop when, if asking for 'any', a
part is found IN, or, if asking for 'all', a part is found OUT, etc

Ticker