logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4448: fix possible NPE introduced with r4432

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Feb 15 12:33:39 GMT 2020

Hi Mike,

the re-throw is the difference. The exception is now passed to the caller.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike.baggaley at basfordltc.co.uk>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020 11:09
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Commit r4448: fix possible NPE introduced with        r4432

>Version mkgmap-r4448 was committed by gerd on Thu, 13 Feb 2020
>
>fix possible NPE introduced with r4432
>FileNotFoundException was ignored. May result in a NullPointerException
when input file is not in the expected format. e.g. with
>java -jar mkgmap.jar .

Hi Gerd, I can't see how this update can make any difference. The change
catches the FileNotFoundException and immediately re-throws it, so it
effectively does nothing. Looking at the call hierarchy,
FileNotFoundException is caught in createRawData, makeMap and loadCoastlines
so all the functions that call the load function directly or indirectly
catch the exception.

Regards,
Mike