logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minor documentation update

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Fri Feb 14 16:56:28 GMT 2020

Hi Gerd, I had seen your post, but it came while I was away, so it wasn't
practical to view the patch on my phone. I thought you were primarily after
some hints on how to solve the conflict between Eclipse and ant, and had no
answer to that.

Providing the details of the inputs in a separate file sounds fine to me.

I would consider the program code to be pretty trivial and am not intending
to claim any copyright on it - if you need to specify license and copyright
then I am happy for it to be whatever is easiest for you - if there is a
global license/copyright for mkgmap, you could just lump it in with that.
Wherever you want to place it is fine by me - it is likely that you will
probably be the one using it the most.

By the way, is there any information on the txt file format that is used to
generate the HTML? I see that ===text=== is converted to <h1>text</h1>, but
several of the headings would really be better as <h2>.

Regards,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 14 February 2020 06:00
To: 'Development list for mkgmap' <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Minor documentation update

Hi Mike,

sorry for the delay. It seems you did not see my post
http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Need-help-with-build-scripts-tt5957298.html
where I attached a modified version of the buildoptions program.

I've merged your changes with my patch, but omitted the part starting with
"Input files may be of the following types: ".
The list is incomplete. I think the program understands various compressed
formats like *.osm.bz2 or *.osm.gz or *.osm.zip.
Also missing is the polish format *.mp.   We have a file
resources\help\en\inputs.
I think this would be the best place to put these details, but the link in
file help is missing.

I am not sure where to put your program and what licence /copyright message
to use. This patch places it in src\buildoptions\OptionsBuilder.java because
that made it easier for me to use it.
Compared to my first patch I've modified the build script so that options is
not automatically overwritten, instead one has to use
ant options-file
to "compile" it.