logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Work on is_in branch

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Feb 11 15:36:35 GMT 2020

Hi Gerd

To take advantage of efficiency gains based on knowing what is being
asked for, ie:

- do the polygons need to be merged or can we do one-by-one.
- can we answer correctly even of !W.isComplete().
- can we stop early, eg ANY as soon as part is IN, ALL as soon as part
is OUT, etc

the top layers of code need to be with the method and its associated
knowledge. I don't see any point in simply moving this into IsInUtil.

I was going to take calcInsideness next and divide it into some library
bits remaining in IsInUtil, and logic equivalent to the rest in
IsInFunction.

If you consider this is not the way to proceed, then I'd still like
patch applied anyway, firstly because it contains other changes
unrelated to this, secondly so that the code exists in SVN. I'll then
immediately do another patch that removes the canStop logic etc and the
POINT code that migrated here and restore it to just testing the
composite flags.

Ticker