logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in memory calculation

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 11 07:29:12 GMT 2020

Hi Mike,

the original problem with *.mp file remains. What do you think about my patch?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Februar 2020 01:08
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Error in memory calculation

>So, this is really a very special case. It happened for John Thorne who is
>using several rather small *.mp files as input, but I think it can also
>occur for others when the first input file is a typ file in *.txt format.

I can't see any reason for typ file compilation to be included in the list
of files to be processed as separate tasks, as the time taken is negligible.
If typ files were  processed immediately, then there would not be an issue
with typ compilation being used for the calculation of a memory requirement
which is unsuitable for subsequent img file generation.

Regards,
Mike