logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in memory calculation

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Tue Feb 11 00:08:25 GMT 2020

>So, this is really a very special case. It happened for John Thorne who is
>using several rather small *.mp files as input, but I think it can also
>occur for others when the first input file is a typ file in *.txt format.

I can't see any reason for typ file compilation to be included in the list
of files to be processed as separate tasks, as the time taken is negligible.
If typ files were  processed immediately, then there would not be an issue
with typ compilation being used for the calculation of a memory requirement
which is unsuitable for subsequent img file generation.

Regards,
Mike