logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mapnik typ file and barrier=wall

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Feb 5 10:15:10 GMT 2020

Hi all

I've also just checked this.

With a typ-file that ensures all lines in range 0x01..0x3f have a
representation, Basecamp shows nothing for:
0x17
0x2c
0x30-3f

whereas my eTrex devices show them all.

I can re-assign barrier to 0x2d, and I'd planned to use 0x2c for
"Course of old Railway", but, for these 2, Joris says:
"breaks car-routing".

@joris what are the circumstances where this happens? These will be non
-routing lines - will this cause the problem?

The other possibilities for these 2 are 0x2a/b, which gpsMapEdit call
Marine Boundary/Marine Hazard.

Then we've used up lines that Basecamp can show in what I hope is the
non-routing range. There are still some unused between 0x0d .. 0x13.

Concerning the range 0x40-0xFF:
0x51... look the same as 0x01... but with a direction label (eg
NW/S/...) on the line on my eTrex. However code in mkgmap uses the top
2 bits of the typ in some circumstances (for direction and long
-encoding) and forcing them to be set crashes mkgmap. I'm not sure if
this is a defined Garmin usage and I gave up investigating.

Ticker