logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] documentation improvement patch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 30 12:51:45 GMT 2020

Hi Mike,

OK, I'll commit the changes to the doc files etc. soon. The java program needs a bit more work because it should be called in the build process.

I wish you a nice holiday!

Von: Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2020 13:47
An: 'Gerd Petermann'; mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: RE: [mkgmap-dev] documentation improvement patch

Hi Gerd, no issues with those changes. I think I also inadvertently lost a
blank line immediately before === Mkgmap options ===.

However, I think it is illogical to use stderr to display the version. I was
considering following up with a small patch to change the version output
from stderr and stop the program exiting after outputting the version. It
seems illogical to exit if --version is anywhere on the command line
regardless of the other options, and the documentation doesn't say it does
this (the splitter documentation does). I'm off on holiday shortly, so
probably won't be sending anything else for a while.

Cheers,
Mike