logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] precompiled sea

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Jan 30 11:35:05 GMT 2020

Hi

Having just generated full britain-and-ireland with current trunk
(r4432), I'm also now seeing some tiles (5 out of 101) with sea/land
flipped when using option:
  --generate-sea="multipolygon,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=350"
but when I process some of the same tiles with r4295 they are OK.

It's not a problem for me at the moment, I've simply replaced above
with
  --precomp-sea=sea-latest.zip

However I prefer to use --generate-sea for various reasons:
- saves downloading sea.zip every now and again.
- island cut-outs match land features exactly, whereas there were
slight differences with sea.zip.
- not had these problems before.
- no noticeable performance problems.

Sometime I'll try and pin down when the change happened. I hadn't
noticed before because the tiles in the small map I use day-to-day
don't show the problem.

Ticker