logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Squaring off of land outlines

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 27 08:36:13 GMT 2020

Hi Mike,

I am not aware of a folder that keeps all older releases or an error that would be related to this.
Are you sure that you didn't change mgkmap options like --levels or the style or the typ file?
Do you still have a map which looks better? In that case you should find the string mkgmap in the img file, e.g. "mkgmap-r4431"

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Januar 2020 01:43
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Squaring off of land outlines

Hello,

I am getting squaring off of the outline between land and sea at low zoom
levels (less than 16) - see attached BaseCamp images of Gran Canaria at
resolution 16 and at resolution 14 displayed at the same size. Obviously
some reduction in accuracy is expected at lower zoom level, but not these
artefacts. I'm not sure when this started happening but believe it was some
time ago. I can't seem to find the old releases to try previous versions,
http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/mkgmap/releases/ just shows me an empty folder. Can
you point me to the correct download folder that contains the previous jar
files, and/or let me know if this is a known problem, and if so whether
there is a workaround?

Thanks,
Mike