logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suggestions for roadNameConfig.txt

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Jan 23 16:56:17 GMT 2020

Hi Gerd

I've just been going through some old mails/patches.

I think the updated contents of roadNameConfig.txt is correct and
better than the previous version.

The fact that it doesn't work consistently across devices and, on some,
is misleading shouldn't stop the file being available as an example in
the distribution.

The user has the choice about how to use it and it contains some
comments and a link relating to these problems.

I've attached an updated patch with UTF-8 encoding markers, a different
section for UK road names and improved some comments.

This file has always been read by mkgmap as UTF-8. The function of the
markers is to make editors aware of this; it contains characters
outside the 7-bit ascii range.

Ticker