logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mapnik TYP file changes

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 22 13:41:37 GMT 2020

Hi Ticker,

OK, I thought it would be possible to define something like "use build-in label" in the TYP file.
If that is not the case the patch is an improvement.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Januar 2020 11:43
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] mapnik TYP file changes

Hi Gerd

>From experimenting with one of my Garmins (can't remember which one),
if it couldn't find a label for the correct language, it just picked
the first one in the label area for the object, regardless of the
language. This seemed to be the first one textually in the file from
the couple of cases I looked at.

If the object doesn't have any TYP labels, then my eTrex HCx shows the
in-build English label, but the eTrex 30x doesn't show anything.

Ticker