logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Level number too large

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 16 08:12:22 GMT 2020

Hi Andrzej,

I am a bit confused.
If I got that right the check was introduced together with the levels option with r692 in the year 2008 and seems unchanged since then.
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/diff.php?repname=mkgmap&path=%2Fbranches%2Fstyle%2Fsrc%2Fuk%2Fme%2Fparabola%2Fmkgmap%2Fosmstyle%2FTypeReader.java&rev=692&peg=692

On the other hand I see no problem with your patch, though I would use slightly different code, see my version.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2020 21:41
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Level number too large

Hi All,

since something is wrong with downloads on mkgmap site, I have compiled
version 4419. I guess this is the latest official release. Now with some
old maps I get a new error:

Error in style: Error: Level number too large, max=0

I guess this is a conflict between arguments:
levels=0:24

and style with declarations like:
.... [... level 3]

In my opinion, this should be no error, as it wasn't in older versions
of mkgmap. It is harmless and quite useful, that style defines higher
levels then a particular map compiled with the style.

I have attached a patch, but I'm not sure what I'm really changing.
Please look at it.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej