logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Elevation data just partially accessable by Basecamp

From Karl-Heinz Kühnlein kalle_kuehnlein at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 10 18:22:38 GMT 2020

Hi Gerd, Hi Andrzei,

don't be too strict to yourself! It's a REALLY GREAT JOB what you guys are doing here!

It works now for gmapi and and the registry format too. It seems that BC just ignores these flags when it finds DEM tiles in an gmapsupp-image (device or USB) and is accidentally right with that.

Next I tried was to join my map with contourlines (from https://www.kleineisel.de/blogs/htsrv/track.php?key=germany_lidar10_1812.zip) by GMapTool/gmt. This also seems to kills these flags. Probably they are not set in the contour line map, and this overrides it all? I found no option in GMapTool to force setting these flags - right?

Never mind! I'll use my images on the USB sticky until we figured this out. A bit inconvinient but still great advance for the maps.

Kalle

________________________________
Von: Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Januar 2020 16:16
An: Karl-Heinz Kühnlein <kalle_kuehnlein at hotmail.com>; Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>; mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Betreff: AW: [mkgmap-dev] Elevation data just partially accessable by Basecamp

Hi Kalle,

good to hear. I am working on a patch for mkgmap, it seems I got something completely wrong with this flag.

There are two flags (also in gmaptool) and before r4119 mkgmap wrote a 1 in the 2nd when DEM data was available, with 4119 this changed.
The documentation for the show-profiles option was written before r4119 and is wrong since then.

It was the Adria Topo map that confused me.
It has DEM data but in flag that I thought was the hasDem flag was a 0, while the show-profile flag was 1.
So, I thought the flag cannot mean hasDem and decided to write a 0 because this was also done before mkgmap supported DEM. Stupid me!

Probable solution:
I think it was mentioned before that mkgmap probably reversed the order of the "show-profiles" flag and the hasDem flag.
I think this is true, the Adria Topo map says "I have DEM data but don't show profiles". Maybe this is because the map is not routable.

I'll have to run some more tests ...