logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bay polygons points conversion

From ValentinAK valentin_k at inbox.ru on Fri Dec 20 23:00:36 GMT 2019

Hi, David,
Your method is too redundant. Let me tell you how I decide it.
I use transparent polygons on the bottommost layer. Islands and other
objects lie on top of these bay polygons. You can use "drawOrder" in your
typ file to configure this. As a result, I get the visible names of the bay
on the blue sea poly and a point with a name for the search. I found this
convenient enough for most users of my maps.

poly definition:
(natural=bay | natural=fjord | natural=strait) & name=* [0x43 resolution 18]

point definition:
(natural=bay | natural=fjord | natural=strait) & name=* [0x6503 resolution
21]

Regards.

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t318348/bay-sample.gif>