logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bay polygons points conversion

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Dec 20 17:33:02 GMT 2019

Hi David

If I understand you correctly, you don't want duplication of an element
as both a polygon and a POI, and, for all elements except 'bay', you
want the polygon if define as such by OSM, but not the POI as well, but
for 'bay', you want a POI only, regardless of it maybe being defined in
OSM as a polygon.

Assuming this is the case, then what you have is a way of doing it.
Another would be something like, at the top of points:

natural=bay [0x6503 resolution 18]
mkgmap:area2poi=true {deletealltags}

But:
1/ it seems strange that you single out bays for this treatment.
2/ searching by name and showing nearby POI will be very inconsistent,
ie depend on if OSM defined them as a point or polygon
3/ 3mb is not much extra in an .img file

Ticker