logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r4398: revert changes from r4397 (--is-in-landuse option)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 20 10:43:38 GMT 2019

Hi all,

I think I have now the needed methods to be able to distuingish if a given node is inside, outside or "on boundary" of a polygon.
In (1) Ticker suggested to use these rules to determine what tag the hook should add either IN, OUT, or STRADDLE as a tag value.
The current implementation in ResidentialHook adds either no tag (meaning outside) or a tag with the value "yes" or the name of the found residential area.

The typical rule to use this tag would be
mkgmap:residential=* {do something}

I think we should NOT add the tag with a value OUT, else the above rule will fail. On the other hand, I assume that nobody use a rule like
mkgmap:residential=* & mkgmap:residential!=yes {do something with the name contained in mkgmap:residential}
I think it was not a good idea to use the name, I used it for debugging.

Open question: Should we really just count points?
Assume you have a U-shaped cemetery and a highway=footway with just two points starts inside the left upper part and ends inside the right upper part. Most of the way would be outside but the points are inside the cemetery. No idea how often this happens, but the result would be "IN" with Tickers rules. Even when you add (barrier=gate) nodes on the boundaries of the cemetery the result is still "IN"
I woud call this result wrong and expect a value like STRADDLE.

Gerd

(1) http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Commit-r4397-implement-and-document-new-option-is-in-landuse-value-value-tp5953495p5953703.html