logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] yearly summary of mkgmap changes ?

From dave pitney mappitney at gmail.com on Wed Dec 18 14:36:34 GMT 2019

Another year of incredible development of mkgmap. Thanks!

It would be helpful to have a yearly summary of the major mkgmap
changes as there are too many for me to keep track of by following the
dev-digest (although this is very helpful). Items such as new options,
option changes/updates, code/behaviour changes, depreciated options
are things that spring to mind. My concern is that following the
dev-digest is following the trees and I may have missed the big
picture.
In addition, changes/updates that are planned during the next year
would be helpful and maybe users could be polled for their top 3,
although I have not had much success when polling my users. An option
to not compress splitter file output is still top 'o my list. ;
The wiki may be a good place for this list rather than buried in the dev-digest.

I would offer to help with this but head off to Chile for 3 months of
needed hiking, using maps made with mkgmap (of course) and will be
without net connection. I am happy to review but leave in 2 weeks.

Thanks,
--
pitney