logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Precomp-sea (to Ticker)

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Dec 18 09:39:38 GMT 2019

Hi David

With option --add-pois-to-area, for all polygons a point is determined
wich is then fed through the style 'points' rules with the additional
tag mkgmap:area2poi=true. It is then up to the 'points' rules to decide
what to do. The determination of the location of the points is
described in the mkgmap help (mkgmap-rXXXX/doc/options.txt)

So, if OSM defines a bay with a polygon, the area can be rendered with
the 'polygon' rule:
  natural=bay & name=* [0x3d resolution 18]
and, if --add-pois-to-area, a 'point' rule such as:
  natural=bay [0x6503 resolution 18]
This rule doesn't exist in the default style, but it might to soon.

If OSM defines the bay as a point, only the 'points' rule is triggered
and this is regardless of the --add-pois-to-area option.

Ticker