logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Use of is_in in style

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 9 16:28:15 GMT 2019

Hi Jan,

sorry, I compiled the binary before removing some debug code. Here is a clean one:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/459/mkgmap.jar

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Dezember 2019 16:31
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Use of is_in in style

Hi Jan,

attached source could replace ResidentialHook. It implements new option --x-is-in-landuse so that one can use e.g.
--x-is-in-landuse=residential,cemetery,industrial
Without any option it works like the old ResidentialHook.

For each given value, mkgmap checks if an element is inside a landuse with that value, if so, it adds the corresponding tag like
mkgmap:residential or mkgmap:industrial
This is all done before the style rules are executed, so all calculations are done for all elements. With a bit more work I can also add other polygon tags like natural=* or place=* but it would probably slow down mkgmap and require a lot more heap.
A binary compiled with this is source is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/458/mkgmap.jar
Please try if it works for you.

I'd prefer to have a general style function like is_in which could be used with is_in(landuse=cemetery)  or is_in(natural=wood) but I have no idea how to implement the syntax parser etc.