logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Basecamp and NET/NOD changes

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 27 12:27:31 GMT 2019

Hi Ticker,

draw a +-shaped crossing with two ways and you'll have two ways where the first point is not converted to a node.
I did not find any difference when I changed that back to the old behaviour (before the NET-no-NOD merge).
See changes in StyledConverter in 4300 around line 1564.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. November 2019 13:17
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Basecamp and NET/NOD changes

Hi Gerd

With a map generated without routing-island-removal, there are
geographic areas where Basecamp routing fails, but I couldn't find any
routing problems in the same areas with my eTrex or GPSMapEdit.

I can't to any more today or tomorrow, but later I'll have a go at
using the default style and reducing the area.

My style adds lots of circular walkways that are often not connected to
the main road network but, looking at the code, StyledConverted goes to
some trouble to split these in 2 and to start with a routing node.

What other cases are there where the routing node won't be the first on
the road, which is what seems to be expected by Display and, maybe,
Basecamp. one-way to/from nowhere?

Ticker