logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mapids beyond the limit

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 1 21:18:08 GMT 2019

Hi Nick,

reg. --mapname=99999999:

The attached patch stops mkgmap before computing any tile when it calculates  an invalid mapid for any tile.

I tested special cases like
java -jar mkgmap.jar d:\osm\999999999.osm d:\osm\sample.osm
or
java -jar mkgmap.jar d:\osm\sample.osm --mapname=99999999 second.osm third.osm

Time started: Fri Nov 01 22:14:42 CET 2019
Cannot calculate mapid for third.osm
Number of ExitExceptions: 1
Time finished: Fri Nov 01 22:14:42 CET 2019
Total time taken: 88 ms

I hope that's what you proposed?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. November 2019 12:42
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] mapids beyond the limit

Hi Nick,

NET3 is just a list of offsets into NET in a particular order. The problem is not the order itself but the de-duplication that happens before.
My current understanding is that the list should contain all roads which have numbers or more than one city. This is not always the case.

BTW: I found this only because I was surprised that the NET and NOT file written for resolution 23 with the brannch version (1) was almost the same compared to that written with resolution 24. After some thinking I wondered why it was exactly equal ;)

Gerd
(1) http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=4335