logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] type=through_route relations

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Oct 24 17:40:19 BST 2019

Hi

It looks like this proposed feature was rejected by the OSM community:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/through_route

and, as there are few examples of its use, I suggest disabling or
removing the code.

I couldn't see from this web page if there was a recommended way of
indicating, via an OSM relation, to the map conversion software (eg
mkgmap) and then to the device itself, that an apparently straight
through traversal of a junction (ie same road name or whatever)
requires a give-way or a turn. It is easy to take the wrong route if
the device doesn't alert the junction.

Ticker