logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option --housenumbers should imply --net

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Oct 20 09:31:49 BST 2019

Hi all,

attached is v2 of the patch.
Option --net is now described like this:
--net
        Tells mkgmap to write NET data, which is needed for address search
        and routing. Use this option if you want address search, but do
        not need a map that supports routing or house number search.

Reg. the search dialogs: If there is a flag that tells the Garmin software that there are no numbers in the map it would be in the index (MDR header),
else it would have to read all tiles to find out if any has a house number. I've noticed that MapSource writes a different byte at offset 0x1b when the map contains numbers (0xe instead of 0) but my Oregon still asks for the number in both cases.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 20. Oktober 2019 09:14
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Option --housenumbers should imply --net

Hi Ticker,

good question. MapSource shows the same dialog, no matter if NET data contains house numbers or not. Not sure if that is also the case for all devices, but I think my Oregon always asks for a housenumber when I search for an address. It simply ignores the input when the map was created without --housenumbers.
I guess that there is a flag somewhere in NET header which could change that behaviour. I'll have a closer look...